Construction and Built Environment BTEC 90-credit Diploma Level 3 at Southampton City College
This course is designed for you to gain a nationally recognised qualification and offer you a choice of career routes into the construction industry or onto university.
If you aspire to be an architect, building surveyor, quantity surveyor, structural, mechanical, civil or electrical building services engineer, construction planner or construction manager this course is the starting point for you.
- Health, safety and welfare
- Sustainable construction
- Science and materials
- Mathematics in construction
Additional units depending on pathway:
- Construction technology and design
- Building technology
- Surveying in construction and civil engineering
- Construction in civil engineering
- Building services control systems
- Building services science
- 5 GCSEs grade A*-C (including English, maths and science), or relevant equivalent qualifications
- Level 2 Diploma in Construction or in Access to Building Services Engineering
- Those with substantial professional experience in the sector will also be considered
- Second year of study with the BTEC Extended Diploma in Construction and Built Environment
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Building Services, Civil Engineering or Construction Contracting
- Employment with construction companies (private and public sector)
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Southampton City College directly.