Women's Hairdressing Level 3 Diploma at North Hertfordshire College
Our hair, beauty and holistic therapy courses include lots of opportunities for you to get hands-on experience of the world of work, including:
- Work experience with businesses like Champney’s, Dermalogica, Aqua-Sana, Centre Parcs and Wella.
- The opportunity to help run Hart Salon, working with real, paying customers
- Visits to businesses and major events such as Salon International, Pro Hair Live, Baber UK, Victoria & Albert Museum and Professional Beauty Show
- Workshops including hair extension workshops, Wella London workshop, The Henna Mehadi workshop and Stone Therapy workshop.
Women’s hairdressing: Our courses will provide you with expertise in all aspects of women’s hairdressing. This will include the knowledge of what is required from a junior assistant, to the skills of a junior and advanced stylist. The courses include cutting, colouring, perming, styling and consultation. Additionally, you’ll develop retailing and reception skills, and learn how to promote future products and services to enhance the growth of the business.
Through this course you’ll learn about:
- Health and safety
- Creative hair design skills
- Colour corrections
- Promoting and selling products.
- Level 2 qualification in a relevant subject, or at least three years of commercial experience in salons.
- A successful Interview: demonstrating interest, enthusiasm and commitment.
- A successful trade/theory test.
- The ability to undertake research and work independently.
This course is assessed through assignments and projects - including a substantial final project at the end of the year. You’ll only sit exams if you’re also doing maths or English GCSE or functional skills.
Price on application.
There are no tuition fees for students aged 16-18 years.
This programme is eligible for Advanced Learner Loans.
Possible charges for any trips or visits offered during the year will be independent of the tuition fees or any other student finance.
Financial help may be available for these costs, please contact Student Services for more information.
Having successfully completed this course, you’ll be able to progress to:
- Paid employment in the sector.
Please visit our website for further information - www.nhc.ac.uk
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact North Hertfordshire College directly.