Roller Compactor at The Construction Skills People Ltd
This assessment is designed for those involved in operating Rollers to show their competence in this equipment.
To successfully pass the assessment the operator must be able to:
- Identify the basic construction and components, and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges.
- Identify and comply with manufacturer’s instructions in accordance with the operator’s handbook.
- Carry out all pre-use and running checks.
- Set the roller for site travel.
- Travel over varying types of terrain, including undulating ground.
- Manoeuvre in confined areas.
- Set the roller for compaction duties.
- Prepare an area prior to compacting, i.e. traffic/personnel management etc.
- Compact materials to given instructions.
- Compact up to supported and unsupported edges.
- Compact against radii.
- Compact around obstructions.
- Place the roller in an out-of service condition.
- Recognise compacted and non-compacted areas.
- State conditions that may cause instability of the roller.
- State safety procedures when working up to unsupported edges.
- Explain safety procedures when compacting on inclines.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures on and off a transporter.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Construction Skills People Ltd directly.