Geography A level at Harris Academy Bermondsey
If you have a fascination with sustainability, a flair for understanding Physical Geography and its impact on society, then an A level in Geography is for you.
The course will develop an understanding and knowledge of the main components of physical and human geography, the processes operating interactions between them, and the problems and solutions relating to them. A level geography aims to take your knowledge and interest to a deeper understanding, providing 'stretch and challenge' beyond the scope of GCSE.
Geography is an interesting and varied subject. It has links with a variety of other academic subjects such as economics, science, and politics, and studying the topics will lead you to becoming a more diverse person with an open view of the world.
- 5 A*-B grades at full course GCSE subjects in addition to a minimum of '6' in both English and Mathematics GCSE
- Minimum of B grades at GCSE in the subjects you are wishing to study at A level
- 3 A*-C grades at full course GCSE subjects in addition to a minimum of '6' in both English and Mathematics GCSE
- Minimum of B grades at GCSE in the subjects you are wishing to study at A Level
- 3 A*-C grades at full course GCSE in addition to a minimum of '5' in English and Mathematics GCSE
- Minimum of a B grade GCSE in the subject you are wishing to study at A Level
Geography has been identified as one of 10 recession-proof degree subjects and has been defined amongst the key 'facilitating' or 'hard' subjects in a guide compiled by the Russell Group (20 leading UK universities).
The A level will prepare students to follow a degree in Geography or similar at university, or it may lead into related areas such as, environmental studies, environmental science and sustainable development.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Harris Academy Bermondsey directly.