Law AS/A2 Level at East Berkshire College
If you have an interest in current affairs and wish to understand the way law functions then this is the course for you.
It will help you develop a sound understanding of the main principles of the English legal system.
This course is modular and follows AQA syllabus.
Unit 1 covers
- Law Making including Parliamentary Law Making
- Influences on Parliament: role of the Law Commission
- political, media and pressure group influence.
Unit 2 examines
- The Legal System, including the appeal system and dispute resolution
- The Criminal Courts and lay people
- criminal courts
- classification of offences.
Applicants will need a good set of 5 GCSEs at high grades, including English Language.
The course is delivered through lectures, seminars and discussions and there will be timed essays in class to prepare you for the examinations.
AS Law at grade D or above leads on to A2 Law.
The full A level helps you in a legal career as a legal assistant/executive. It also leads on to study a range of degrees including Law at university.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact East Berkshire College directly.