Agricultural Engineering – Level 2 Diploma at Sparsholt College
This course will give you the essential technical knowledge and practical skills to confidently work with modern machinery.
Work placements, visits to industry events such as the Grassland or Dairy events and LAMMA Show and trips to machinery manufacturers and dealers will give you a real insight into the industry, supported by our specialist staff and state-of-the-art facilities. We’ll also work with you to improve your Maths and English skills if necessary.
• Applying mechanical principles
• Maintenance and operation of farm machinery
• Workshop practice and skills development
• Abrasive wheels certificate
• Machinery operation
• Tools and equipment
Four GCSEs at grade D or above including English and Maths/relevant Level 1 qualification plus Functional Skills English and Maths at Level 1.
- Level 3 Diploma or Extended Diploma courses
- Level 2/Level 3 Apprenticeship
- Assistant technician working with ground care machinery such as mowers or cultivators, fixed plant such as grain driers, vegetable handling and packing, large machinery such as tractors and combines, fabrication and construction.
- NPTC Tractor Driving
- NPTC Forklift
- NPTC All-Terrain Vehicles (ATVs)
- NPTC Rough Terrain Vehicles (RTVs)
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Sparsholt College directly.