Creative Media/Music Level 2 Cambridge Technical at Highbury College
This programme is for those who want to find out more about the media and make their own media productions.
You will also have the opportunity to complete a GCSE in Media and, if you have appropriate grades, GCSEs in Maths and English.
Alternatively you may be required to take functional skills in Maths, English and ICT.
You will learn in a variety of ways, including demonstrations, skills workshops and formal lessons.
You will complete the following units:
- Research for Creative Media Production;
- Communication Techniques for Creative Media Production;
- The Creative Media Sector;
- Media Audiences and Products;
- Video Production;
- Digital Graphics;
- Advertising Production;
- Animation Production.
You may also be able to complete GCSEs in Media, English and Maths or Functional Skills
- You will need four GCSEs at Grade D or above including English and Maths or a full Level 2 qualification, at merit grade, with literacy and numeracy at the appropriate level.
- Evidence of previous work experience would be useful and a willingness to work in the industry and the ability to succeed are very important.
- Subject to interview and initial assessment.
Assessment will be a mixture of coursework portfolio and exams. The number of exams will depend on any GCSEs you take.
You can progress on to the Level 3 BTEC qualifications in Creative Media Production or other Level 3 qualifications.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Highbury College directly.