Children’s Play, Learning and Development Level 3 Vocational at Worcester Sixth Form College
This is a well-recognised qualification for working with children.Students have the opportunity to train in a wide variety of worksettings and follow up this practice with theory in the classroom. The Level 3 Extended Diploma is a full-time two year course which, including the work experience, is equivalent to thre A Levels. The Extended Certificate is also available and is equivalent to 1 A Level. Additional training includes a Paediatric First Aid certificate.
Lessons are varied and full of practical activites. We have specialists in Child Development, Early Years Education, Nursing, Sociology and Special Needs. Work training is also a vital part of your course and you will be visited regularly and assessed in each placement.
- GCSE English at grade C or above or equivalent.
- If you achieved a D grade or lower for GCSE Maths this will be added to your programme of study.
Ability to meet coursework deadlines and complete independent research. Strong commitment to demands of weekly work experience duties.
All units are assessed and graded and an overall grade for the qualification is awarded. Three units are externally assessed.
Work experience *2 days per week. Students must be police checked through DBS: approx £44. Visits/exhibitions: approx £50*
This course will prepare your for careers such as paedriatric nursing, nursery and primary teaching, professional nannying and nursery nursing.
- Baby care equipment for feeding and sterilising, new virtual reality babies as well as resusci-babies
- Educational toys for learning through play
- Early Years Curriculum Resources - Early Years, Foundation Stage Curriculum and National Curriculum
- DVDs related to childcare practice
- A wide selection of books can be found within the department and the Learning Resources Centre
- Guest speakers and children in College
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Worcester Sixth Form College directly.