Hospitality at Ysgol Uwchradd Aberteifi
BTEC Level 3 Certificate in Hospitality
- Equivalent to one GCE AS Level
- There are no examinations. All work is assessed and verified as the course progresses
- The qualification is made up of three units of work:
- Core Unit: The Hospitality Industry
- Two optional units e.g. European Food, Asian Food
- A great deal of the course is covered by skills and practical work as well as using knowledge of the local hospitality industry. You must take responsibility for your own learning and carry out research etc. in your own time.
- All pupils must take part in all practical lessons. Success in the course is dependent on this.
- It is CRUCIAL for pupils to have work experience such as a part time job in the food industry e.g. waitressing, working in a café/restaurant/pub etc. to help to gather valuable evidence in the workplace to complete some of the tasks. Witness statements from your employers will be required to pass certain elements of the course.
- BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Hospitality
- Second year of the course, after successfully completing the certificate qualification.
- Equivalent to one GCE A Level
- The qualification is made up of another three units of work:
- Core Units:
Principles of Supervising Customer Service Performance in Hospitality.
Providing Customer Service
- One optional unit e.g. Contemporary World Food
All successful assessments are awarded a Pass, Merit or Distinction.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Ysgol Uwchradd Aberteifi directly.