French AS level at Nottingham Girl's Academy
Students with an interest in languages, travel, different cultures as well as anyone wanting to gain a highly academic qualification that complements most other subjects and is highly regarded by employers, colleges and universities alike.
This is a challenging academic qualification which requires independent study skills and self organisation.
AS - Topics relevant to young people like music, cinema, relationships, new media, fashion, holidays and healthy lifestyle.
Units covered at AS
- Unit 1: Listening, Reading and Writing.
- Unit 2: Speaking
5+ A*-C grades at GCSE including C grade or above in English and B or above in French.
- Unit 1: Examination - Listening and Reading sections based on the topics above. Writing section will be a choice of essay questions based on the AS topics.
- Unit 2: Speaking examinations.
- Degrees in languages or degrees that include a language as a subsidiary.
- Careers abroad.
- A career in any sector would be enhanced by an A level in a foreign language.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Nottingham Girl's Academy directly.