Bricklaying Apprenticeship Level 2 at Warwickshire College Group
This course is for those employed in or new entrants to the Construction Industry who require formal Bricklaying qualifications.
You will study:
- Level 2 Diploma in Brickwork
- NVQ 2 in Trowel Occupations
- Functional Skills - English
- Functional Skills - Maths
WHAT MODULES ARE COVERED?
- Knowledge of Safe Working Practices
- Knowledge of Information Quantities & Communication
- Knowledge of Construction Technology 2
- Knowledge of Interpretation of Working Drawings
- Knowledge of Thin Joint Masonry
- Knowledge of Solid Walls and Piers
- Knowledge of Cavity Wall Construction
- Practical Assignment
- Minimum age requirement is 16
- GCSE maths and English at grade D or above or
- Initial assessment in Maths and English
- Successful completion of aptitude test and interview /and skill scan
- Must be employed in the Construction Industry carrying out Bricklaying duties
Method Of Study:
- Flexible on-site assessments to blend theory and work based learning
- Technical Certificate and Functional Skills delivered at College
- Practical Workshops
Method Of Assessment:
- On site assessments
- Job records
- Oral questioning
- Theory exams
- Practical assessments
WHAT CAREERS CAN I GO ON TO?
Working as a fully qualified BricklayerWHAT FURTHER STUDY OPPORTUNITIES ARE THERE?
- NVQ Level 3 in Trowel Occupations
- Diploma Level 3 Bicklaying
- Level 3 Apprenticeship
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Warwickshire College Group directly.