Performing Arts (Musical Theatre) - Double Award at Barton Peveril Sixth Form College
- GCSEs to include a C in English Language
- Highly active, practical course with options to follow Acting or Musical Theatre pathways
- Continuous assessment based on written work and practical performances
- Equivalent to two A Levels over two years
- Requires a successful audition and strong commitment to rehearsals in free time, including after College.
Performing Arts is a practical course that focuses on developing the core skills and techniques required for success in one of two pathways: Acting or Musical Theatre. You will learn how to research, develop and prepare roles for performance in a range of exciting styles and genres. There will be a mixture of teacher-directed and self-directed tasks, practical workshops, research and independent written work. You will need to work consistently throughout the course in order to learn lines, stage directions and/or music and choreography. There will be development time enabling you to prepare and polish work for performance and a requirement for some rehearsals after College. Your written work and actor’s logs will provide evidence for the development of your understanding and decisions made on characterisation and performance. This course will suit dedicated and enthusiastic students with a genuine passion for performing. The ability to work independently and also be effective in a team is vital.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Barton Peveril Sixth Form College directly.