Motor Engineering – Light Vehicle Apprenticeship Level 2 at Accrington and Rossendale College
Theory and practical of light vehicle. Practical sessions will involve use of specialist tools and equipment, working on a range of cars from different manufacturers in the college workshops to include vehicle Diagnostics. Assessment of competence will take place in the workplace observed by a college assessor. This will lead to an IMI (Institute of the Motor Industry) qualification. The learner will be in employment four days per week building a portfolio for the NVQ and will attend College one day a week.
Learners can work towards Motorcycle, Light Motor Vehicle, Auto Electrical or Fast Fit and will study towards:
- Level 2 Technical Certificate in Motor Engineering
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Functional Skills in English, Maths and IT.
- Safe working practices
- Routine vehicle maintenance
- Remove and replace light vehicle auxiliary electrical units and components
- Remove and replace light vehicle chassis units and components
- Remove and replace light vehicle engine units and components.
GCSE Grades A* – C (including English and Maths).
You will be assessed by direct observation of practical tasks in the workshops at college and in the workplace. There are also assignments and online tests of your knowledge of theory.
Successful completion on this course will allow learners to progress on to a L 4 programme of study.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Accrington and Rossendale College directly.