Teaching Open Options Pathway at Prince Henry's Grammar School, Otley
This pathway is aimed at students who want to enter a teaching career at either Early Years, Primary or Secondary level.
As part of the Red Kite Teaching Schools’ Alliance with a cluster network of primary schools, Prince Henry’s can arrange many different opportunities for work experience and teaching taster activities. These are designed to give you the best chance in your university applications but also to help develop the skills needed to succeed in teaching. The programme will vary year on year but may include:
- Volunteering as a teaching assistant in lower school classes
- Volunteering to work with Sums Club or Reading Club
- Assisting with GCSE booster activities
- Taking part in assemblies
- Volunteering to support homework clubs
- Regular volunteering or week long work experience in local primary schools
- University visits
- Teaching Pathway mailing list with all opportunities and information sent to you directly
- Individual careers advice about the range of different routes into teaching
- Talks from PGCE and BEd. course leaders
In addition, you will be given individual support in preparing your university application and in selecting appropriate courses to maximise your chances of gaining a place.
Teachers are important people and a career in teaching can be incredibly fulfilling as you help young people to achieve their potential. For these reasons, there is always strong competition for places on teaching courses at the good universities and you need to offer more than simply academic qualifications to stand out.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.