Art and Design (Graphic Communication) AS/ (AQA) at Leeds East Academy
The Graphic Comminication course is aimed at students who have an interest in Art but in particular Graphics.
Students following this course will explore the areas of illustration, advertising, packaging design and computer graphics. You will be expected to explore ideas for your project work by using a variety of methods and media such as painting, pencil drawings, markers as well as computer work.
In Year 12 students following the AS course will produce two projects or units of work. One project will be set by the school and the second project will be externally set by the examination board.
Students who proceed to A2 in year 13 again will complete two units of work. One project will be a personal investigation which must include a written element. The second project will be externally set.
- Candidates will be taught skills in illustration, advertising, packaging design and computer graphics
- The ability to work and respond to a set design brief
- Understand how to work with a variety of media and materials that are appropriate for their graphic projects i.e. paint, markers and computer work
- Understand the meaning of function, style, scale, colour in relation to their chosen areas of graphic communication
- Produce artefacts i.e. packaging, shop fronts, posters, point of sale displays, menus etc that can be used to advertise corporate images for companies
Candidates will normally be expected to have obtained at least a Grade C at GCSE in Art and Design, Graphics, Three Dimensional Design or a pass in BTEC level 2 Art & Design or Fashion & Clothing.
For further information contact Mrs M Waite
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Leeds East Academy directly.