Business Studies A Level at East Norfolk Sixth Form College
The aim of the Business specifications is to take an all-inclusive approach to the subject in order to demonstrate the inter-related nature of individual topics. Students will use business models, theories and techniques to analyse contemporary business issues and situations.
The AS content includes the following topics:
- What is business?
- Managers, leadership and decision making.
- Decision making to improve marketing performance.
- Decision making to improve operational performance.
- Decision making to improve financial performance.
- Decision making to improve human resource performance.
The A-level incorporates the same six topics as AS, plus the following additional topics:
- Analysing the strategic position of a business.
- Choosing strategic direction.
- Strategic methods: how to pursue strategies.
- Managing strategic change.
Grade C in GCSE English and Maths and a minimum average GCSE score of 5.20.
Awarding Body - AQA
Assessment is 100% exam based but the type of assessment varies with a few multiple choice questions, some short answer questions and some data response questions. At A-level there are also some essay questions too.
Numerical skills make up a minimum of 10% of both the AS and A-level marks.
The A-level is a two year course with all exams taken at the end.
The AS is a one year course with all exams taken at the end of the year. The AS exams do not count towards the A-level qualification.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact East Norfolk Sixth Form College directly.