Public Services (Uniformed) NCFE Level 2 Diploma at The City of Liverpool College
This is a one year course for 16 and over which is designed to equip students with the essential skills needed when considering a future working in the uniformed public services, such as:
• Fire Service
• Royal Air Forces
• Prison Service
• or the Police.
The aim of the course is to give a realistic insight into each of the roles and responsibilities of the Uniformed Public Services and to prepare students for the unique challenges that working life in the UK’s public services brings.
There are two elements to the course, the first is practical based and includes subjects such as team-building and fitness activities, the second is around classroom based research in subjects such as crime and its effect on society.
On this course you will study:
• Public Services Skills
• Career Planning for the Public Services
• Improving Health & Fitness for Entry to the Uniformed Services
• Employment in the Uniformed |Public Services
• Sport & Recreation in the Public Services
• Crime and Society
• Law and its effects
• Leadership and Teamwork
You will benefit from trips and visits spending time with the Armed Forces and the Civilian Uniformed Services. You will gain essential work experience which we will secure you a place on throughout the course. We deliver a number of educational trips, from fire stations to court visits. We invite key speakers from all areas of public services for you to gain insight into their job role and help you decide which career you want to pursue. Our teaching staff are highly qualified and are from all areas of industry, such as experience from senior positions in Merseyside Police, the RAF and Army. The tutors use their experience to ensure you are supported throughout your studies with us and feel confident in your next step.
- You must be aged 16-18 and have 3 GCSEs at Grade D or above, including English. You will also need Maths at Entry Level 3 (GCSE F-G standard).
- All applicants will need to complete a satisfactory interview and an Initial Assessment.
- You should show a genuine interest in the study of public services, be disciplined and committed to working hard.
This course can lead to our BTEC Level 3 Diploma Public Services or other Level 3 sector related qualifications. It can also lead to Apprenticeship provision or employment in related areas.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The City of Liverpool College directly.