Business BTEC Level 2 Certificate at Richard Taunton Sixth Form College
This full-time, fast-paced, one-year vocational course will give you an insight into the world of business. A BTEC Certificate is a practical, work-related course. You will learn by completing projects and assignments based on realistic workplace situations, activities and demands. This course is graded at Level 1, Level 2 Pass, Level 2 Merit, Level 2 Distinction and Level 2 Distinction*.
The course is made up of eight units. The three core units provide a general foundation, and the specialist units enable you to study particular topics in more depth.You will study three core units:
- Finance (externally assessed online)
- Enterprise in the Business World (internally assessed assignments)
- Principles of Marketing (externally assessed written exam)
- Principles of Customer Service (internally assessed assignments)
- Promoting a Brand (internally assessed assignments)
- Introducing Retail Business (internally assessed assignments)
- Principles of Marketing (internally assessed assignments)
- Recruitment, Selection and Employment (internally assessed assignments)
- Sales and Selling (internally assessed assignments)
An overall grade for the qualification is awarded to all learners who successfully complete all units.
A BTEC Certificate (at Level 2 Pass or above) is equivalent to two GCSEs at grade A*- C. Some coursework will be completed under exam conditions.
- 4 GCSEs at grade D (including Maths or English Language at grade D or above)
You will be producing a portfolio of coursework assignments through a variety of assessment methods which include written reports, presentations, group work, role plays and numerical work. You will also undertake an externally assessed unit in Finance, plus an externally assessed case study assignment in the Principles of Marketing.
The course provides good preparation for employment in areas such as retail, administration, customer service, finance, IT or personnel. If you achieve at least a Merit, and pass your GCSE English and Maths at C grade or above, you can progress onto advanced level courses such as the Extended Diploma in Business or IT.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Richard Taunton Sixth Form College directly.