Business Studies A-Level at Redhill Academy
This specification has been designed to provide candidates with a critical understanding of the following:
- the internal functions of contemporary business organisations of all types
- the dynamic external environment within which businesses operate and the effects this can have upon decision-making within a business
- major topical issues that can generate change for business organisations and the ways in which businesses respond to these issues
- the range of stakeholder perspectives that can be taken on business activities.
- Planning and Financing a Business
- Managing a Business
- Strategies for Success
- The Business Environment and Managing change
All students must attain 5 A*-C grades at GCSE (or BTEC equivalents), these must include at least a C in either English language or Mathematics.
Unit 1: 40% of AS, 20% of A-Level - 1 hour 15 min examination (60 marks, short answer questions and extended responses based on a mini case study).
Unit 2: 60% of AS, 30% of A-Level - 1 hour 30 minutes examination (80 marks, compulsory, multi-part data response questions).
Unit 3: 25% of A-Level - 1 hour 45 minutes examination (80 marks, questions requiring extended answers based on an unseen case study drawing upon knowledge from AS units).
Unit 4: 25% of A-Level - 1 hour 45 minutes examination (80 marks, pre-release research tasks leading to the first section of a two section examination; Second section will consist of choice of essays. All questions will be essay style and synoptic therefore drawing upon knowledge from all four units).
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Redhill Academy directly.