Agriculture Level 2 at Wiltshire College
During this course you will learn about:
- Work related experience in agriculture - Search for jobs and develop employability skills in the agricultural workplace.
- Agricultural Business - Learn about the different types of businesses in the sector and developing the entrepreneurial skills you need to run a business of your own.
- Landbased machinery operation - Covering the use of tractors with attachments, learning how to carry out pre-start checks, operate safely, attach different implements to the tractor and understand the purposes of different types of farm machinery.
- Farm Animal Production - Introducing you to products, production methods, handling skills and the health and welfare requirements of farm animals. You will learn about a range of animals including beef and dairy cattle, pigs, sheep and poultry.
- Estate Skills - Learn the skills needed to construct and maintain boundaries, surfaces and facilities found in an estate enterprise. You will carry out simple measuring exercises as well as ordering and pricing materials.
- Introduction to grass and forage production - Learning plant identification skills and studying animal production cycles. You will also learn about pest control and the requirements of conventional and organic production methods.
As part of your studies you will also undertake Functional Skills in English and Maths, vitally important subjects that will be essential when looking for a job or progressing onto your next course.
- 4 GCSEs at grade D including English, Maths and preferably Science or equivalent (or successful completion of relevant subject at Level 1)
- A good reference
- A satisfactory interview
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Wiltshire College directly.