Health & Social Care BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma at St Vincent College
The BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma forms part of our Pathway to Healthcare programme for those who are ambitious to work within the Healthcare sectors. The Extended Diploma programme is ideal for candidates that prefer a coursework based programme. Exams form a minor part of this course. This is a triple BTEC qualification and will be your full programme at college.
The Edexcel BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care consists of eight mandatory units plus optional units to produce a combined total of 180 credits for the completed qualification.
Student’s undertake mandatory units in:
1. Human Lifespan Development
2. Working in Health and Social Care
4. Anatomy and Physiology
5. Enquiries into Current Research in Health and Social Care
6. Meeting Individuals Care and Support Needs
7. Work Experience in Health and Social Care
12. Principles of Safe Practice in Health and Social Care
13. Promoting Public Health
Plus a range of optional units which are chosen by staff and students
A grade B in GCSE Maths is desirable and a C grade in English Language is an entry requirement. If you have undertaken Health and Social Care Level 2 prior to studying on this course then we would expect you to have a achieved at least a distinction grade on that course.
• Three exams over 2 years
• To achieve this qualification you must complete and pass assignments for all units
• The grading for each unit will be Pass, Merit, Distinction
This qualification will give you the knowledge, understanding and skills that you need to prepare for employment, higher education, degree and professional development programmes.
• Mandatory work placement:
Year 1: 100 hours
Year 2: A further 100 hours
• Visiting lecturers and professionals from Health, Social Work and Medical related fields
• Event days with the Universities of Portsmouth, Chichester and Winchester
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact St Vincent College directly.