History A level at Harris Academy Bermondsey
If you have a thirst for historical knowledge, a flair for debating complex interpretations of the past and enjoy critical thinking, then history A level is for you.
Covering at least 200 years of British and World history, the A level course aims to introduce more 'stretch and challenge' into history. It will be taught by specialist subject teachers with enthusiasm and expertise. Candidates develop fluency in historical skills and acquire knowledge and understanding though the ability to study a wide range of topics in British, European and American history through to the late twentieth century, dealing with the most vibrant and relevant economies and powers on the world stage today.
- 5 A*-B grades at full course GCSE subjects in addition to a minimum of '6' in both English and Mathematics GCSE
- Minimum of B grades at GCSE in the subjects you are wishing to study at A level
- 3 A*-C grades at full course GCSE subjects in addition to a minimum of '6' in both English and Mathematics GCSE
- Minimum of B grades at GCSE in the subjects you are wishing to study at A Level
- 3 A*-C grades at full course GCSE in addition to a minimum of '5' in English and Mathematics GCSE
- Minimum of a B grade GCSE in the subject you are wishing to study at A Level
History has been defined amongst the key 'facilitating' or 'hard' subjects in a guide compiled by the Russell Group (20 leading UK universities). History A level opens doors in higher education and employment and doesn't close any. Many students progress to university to study a very wide variety of subjects such as law, journalism, medicine, politics and economics, broadcasting and journalism.
In the world of work an A level history qualification indicates a prospective employee who is literate, self-disciplined and an independent thinker, as well as being able to take and make good decisions.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Harris Academy Bermondsey directly.