Health and Social Care - Level 2 Diploma at City of Oxford College
Learn how to care for people of different ages in a variety of settings on the Diploma in Health and Social Care. It’s a practical work-related course which introduces you to the principles of care and includes supervised work placements.
You get qualified in personal social and development skills and sensory skills for care workers. You will also gain a functional skills qualification.
You study units which reflect the varied nature of health and social care. They include:
• communication and individual rights
• meeting individual needs
• cultural diversity
• human lifespan development
• creative and therapeutic activities
• the impact of diet on health
In addition to this you have the opportunity to improve English and maths and gain first aid and functional skills qualifications.
Applicants for a Level 2 programme will normally have:
- At least 4 GCSEs at Grade D or above and/or a completed Level 1 award
- GCSEs to include English and Maths at Grade D or above or Level 1 Functional Skills qualifications
- The willingness to study for an additional qualification in English and/or Maths
- If you are interested in a Level 2 programme and have alternative qualifications you would like us to consider please contact us with your details.
Applicants will be invited to attend an interview and complete an internal assessment. All students will have their literacy and numeracy needs supported within the programme.
Assessment is through assignment work which is assessed internally and moderated externally.
You learn through classroom-based lessons and activities plus supervised work placements.
16 to 18 EU tuition fee : £35.00
Successful completion of this Diploma in Health and Social Care with merit or distinction can lead you to the Level 3 Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact City of Oxford College directly.