Site Carpentry Level 2 at Gateshead College
You will learn new site carpentry skills as well as develop those learnt at Level 1. You will gain the underpinning knowledge and skills to prepare for a career in the industry.
You'll get the opportunity to complete work experience where you'll learn more about commercial construction work conditions
• Health, safety and welfare in construction and associated industries
• Prepare and use carpentry and joinery portable power tools
• Understanding information, quantities and communication with others
• Understanding construction technology
• Carry out first fixing operations
• Carry out second fixing operations
• Carry out maintenance to non-structural carpentry work
- You must have a full Level 1 qualification in a relevant subject area
Fast-track to an apprenticeship
If you can’t find the right apprenticeship vacancy or you want to do some studying first - no problem. You can start on a vocational study programme then once you’re ready and a vacancy becomes available, we’ll help you transfer on to an apprenticeship.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Gateshead College directly.