BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport at The Victory Academy
This is a Level 3 qualification equivalent in size to 3 A Levels. It has been designed as a full two-year programme for post 16 learners. This qualification is particularly appopriate for learners who are interested in Sport and prgressing to a career in sport and physical activity development, either directly or through higher education at university. There are 14 units of which 10 are manadatory and 4 of there are externally set and marked. These are units 1, 2, 19 and 22. There are 4 optional units which are internally set and externally verified.
- Unit 1: Anatomy & Physiology
- Unit 2: Fitness Training and Programming for Health, Sport & Well-being
- Unit 3: Professional Development in the Sports Industry
- Unit 4: Sports Leadership
- Unit 5: Application of Fitness Testing
- Unit 7: Practical Sports Performance
- Unit 18: Work experience in Active Leisure
- Unit 19: Development & Provision of Sport & Physical Activity
- Unit 9: Research methods in Sport
- Unit 10: Sports Event Organisation
- Unit 26: Technical & Tactical Demands in Sport
- Unit 8: Coaching for Performance
- Unit 23: Skill Acquisition in Sport
- Unit 22: Investigating Business in Sport and Active Leisure
Students should have at least five A* - C grades at GCSE, including Maths at grade 4 and either English Literature or Language at Grade 4
Unit 1: Anatomy & Physiology - 1.5 hour external examination
Unit 2: Fitness Training and Programming for Health, Fitness and Well-being. This involves a task set and marked by Pearson and completed under supervised conditions. In part A learners will be provided with a case study 2 weeks before a supervised assessment period in order to carry out research. In part B the supervised assessment period is 2 hours in a period timetabled by Pearson.
All other units are assessed by internally sey assignrments with a range of evidence externally verified by Pearson.
Unit 19: Development and Provision of Sport & Physical Activity
Unit 22: Investigating Business in Sport & Active Leisure
Both of these units involve a task set and marked by Pearson and completed under supervised conditions. In part A learners will be provided with a case study 2 weeks before a supervised assessment period in order to carry out research. In part B the supervised assessment period is 2 hours in a period timetabled by Pearson
All other units are assessed by internally set assignements with a range of evidence externally verfied by Pearson
The BTEC National Extended Diploma in Sport and Physical Activity Development is regognised by all universities so it can lead to study at higher education for entrance to sport careers such as PE Teaching, Sports Therapy and Sports Development. It is also recognised by employers so can lead directly to a variety off jobs and careers within the sports industry such as Fitness Instructor, Personal Trainers and Recreation Assistants.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Victory Academy directly.