Beauty Therapy Level 3 at Rotherham College
Hair, Beauty, Media Make-up and Nails 148 Hair, Beauty, Media Make-up and Nails Could you cut it as a hair stylist or shape a career as a nail technician?
Can you use a stroke of creativity to make waves in the make-up industry?
Do you dream of exploring the world, offering the latest treatments as a beauty therapist?
Then make sure Rotherham College is your first step into the hair, beauty, media make-up and nail industry. Our Inspire Salons and Nail Bar will provide you with the perfect training environment to work with real clients to gain the required knowledge and skills you need to progress your career.
By working in partnership with many local theatre companies, businesses and schools, you are given the opportunity to put your skills to the test in a working environment.
Be it transforming young wannabe actors into the theatre’s favourite characters; creating ghoulishly gruesome zombies for charity events; or adding glamour to the runway for fellow students’ fashion events – the possibilities are endless. You’ll participate in competitions such as Matchfit, The National Federation of Hairdressing, Warpaint Make-up and World Skills UK. The competitions provide you with the chance to enhance your CV, develop your talent and test your skills in a range of techniques to demonstrate excellence in your chosen trade.
General or massage routes are available. This is a course for individuals already qualified to Level 2 in Beauty Therapy who want to work in all types of beauty salons including health spas and cruise ships.
What will I study?
• Specialised facials, including advanced electrical treatments
• Specialised body treatments, including advanced electrical treatments
• Body massage
• Aromatherapy massage with pre-blended oils
• Electrolysis (full-time only)
•Technician and supervisor roles
• Promoting retail sales and treatments •A higher level of anatomy and physiology •Health and safety
• Planning promotional activities
• English and maths (where applicable)
What added value will I receive?
• The opportunity to attend master classes and workshops will also be available in subjects such as: Indian head massage, hot stone massage, Reiki, tanning, threading, ear piercing and many more
• You will also be required to take a work placement within a beauty salon or health spa and attend trips such as the Beauty Therapy Trade Show in Birmingham •Work experience
• GCSE Grade D or above in English or equivalent
• Level 2 in Beauty Therapy or equivalent
• You will also need excellent communication skills and commitment to the programme •Commercial work experience
• Attend an interview and practical workshop with a course tutor
You will be continually assessed through practical observations, oral questions, written tests and assignments, which becomes a portfolio of evidence, as well as sitting a series of online written theory exams.
16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees. Depending on your circumstances you may not need to pay fees. Contact the Enquiries on the details below for advice and guidance on:
T: 01709 722777
• Progress to Higher Education at Rotherham College or university within the beauty area or specialist holistic therapy course eg. Levels 4 and 5 physiotherapy, chiropractic, sports therapy, teacher training and many more
•You could seek employment in a range of roles in the beauty therapy industry. Examples include: beauty salons; cruise liners; beauty therapist on-board airlines; health spas; mobile beauty therapy and beauty therapy company sales representative
For more details please contact the Enquiry Team on:
T: 01709 722777
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.