Business Studies A Level at St Leonard's Roman Catholic Voluntary Aided Comprehensive School
The Business Studies course encourages students to develop a critical understanding of organisations, the circumstances they operate in and the markets which they serve and how they actually add value. The course takes a problem solving approach through the study of a variety of case studies where students act as consultants providing advice to the business.
AS LEVEL COURSE
The AS course covers six topic areas listed below:
- What is a business?
- Managers, leadership and decision making.
- Decision making to improve marketing performance
-Decision making to improve operational performance
- Decision making to improve financial performance
- Decision making to improve Human Resource performance
- Year 1 will be assessed through two examinations and can be completed as a stand-alone qualification.
A LEVEL COURSE
The A level course will cover the Year 1 content but will also introduce the following topic areas:
- Analysing the strategic position of a business
- Choosing strategic direction
- Strategic methods: how to pursue strategies)
- Managing strategic change
Please see the Sixth Form Admissions Policy for the entry requirements to this course.
Students who study Business at A level and beyond will have a huge range of occupations from which to choose. In the past we have had students go on to take courses in Business Management, Marketing, Human Resources, Languages, Event Management and Public Relations to name just a few. There are a wide range of degree courses that include some element of Business Studies. Taking an A level in Business Studies does not force a student down a specific career pathway but allows choice from a broad range of courses. For further advice about your suitability for this course please speak to the department.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact St Leonard's Roman Catholic Voluntary Aided Comprehensive School directly.