Health & Social Care A/S (Single Award) at Samuel Lister Academy
This course provides students with a broad knowledge and understanding of health, social and early year's issues affecting the Care Sector. Students' learning is applied to a range of work related contexts through links with local employers, case studies and research.
At AS Level, complulsary units studied include:
- Effective Care
- Effective Communication
- Health, Illness and Disease
Optional units may include:
- Common Diseases and Disorders
- The needs and provision for Elderly clients
- The needs and provision for Early Years clients.
5 or more GCSE's at C and above including Maths & English and preferably Science.
This single award unit is a 3 unit course assessed through both examined units and portfolio units.
The qualification allows for a number of progression routes:
- Higher education and university courses
- Health e.g, nursing and social care
- Social work and education
- Further training and employment
We expect students to be responsible for their own learning, this means hard work and commitment to their studies, meeting given deadlines and remaining motivated throughout. Excellent attendance is required if you wish to be successful on this course. For further information, please contact Mrs Roberts or Mrs Daykin at Aire Valley School.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Samuel Lister Academy directly.