Hospitality Services Apprenticeship Intermediate at East Berkshire College
All Apprenticeships consist of a Framework of different elements. They must include qualifications that, when achieved, prove the Apprentice's competence in carrying out work of the Level and type identified in the Framework. Also included must be qualifications which demonstrate the technical knowledge of the job and industry, plus more wide ranging general skills required to operate successfully in the trade; these will include Maths, English and, if appropriate, ICT and Employer Rights and Responsibilities.
The different elements can be combined in one qualification, or be covered in separate qualifications, but all elements must be achieved to obtain a full Apprentice Certificate.
Apprenticeships work towards work-based learning qualifications such as the Level 2 NVQ and a knowledge-based qualification such as the Technical Certificate.
- In contracted employment and have been for at least three months
- Hold GCSEs or equivalent qualifications in English and Maths
- Display a positive attitude and passion for improving the customer service in your job role
You will be assessed within the college as well in the workplace to ensure all the competencies are met.
Regular review meetings will take place with your assessor and employer to support the achievement of the qualification.
- Level 2 Diploma in Professional Food and Beverage Service
- Level 1 Diploma in Introduction to Professional Cookery Specialist qualifications in Beverage and Licensed Hospitality Level 2 Certificate in Front Office Operations Units specific to Housekeeping Level 2 or 3 Diploma in Hospitality
- Advanced Level Apprenticeship in Business and Administration or Customer Service - subject to entry requirements for these apprenticeship programmes
- Advanced Level Apprenticeship in Hospitality and Catering (Hospitality Supervision and Leadership)
Supervisory positions with possible routes to eventual owner/manager of smaller hotels or bed and breakfast establishments. This route can also be used for Team Members within a Food Prep and Cooking franchise/chain, and can lead to Supervisory positions within this environment.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact East Berkshire College directly.