Professional Cookery Advanced Diploma Level 3 at St Helens College
With this advanced course, you will build upon the skills gained at level 2, cooking complex dishes and taking your learning to the highest level.
Catering is a fiercely competitive industry and studying at level 3 will make you as prepared as you can be for your first role in the kitchen.
With this course, you'll have the option to choose from the following units:
- Developing productive working relationships with colleagues
- Maintaining the health, hygiene, safety and security of the working environment
- Maintaining food safety when storing, preparing and cooking food
- Preparing fish for complex dishes
- Preparing meat for complex dishes
- Preparing poultry for complex dishes
- Cooking and finishing complex fish dishes
- Cooking and finishing complex meat dishes
- Cooking and finishing complex poultry dishes
- Cooking and finishing complex vegetable dishes
- Preparing, cooking and finishing complex hot sauces
- Preparing, cooking and finishing dressings and cold sauces
- Preparing shellfish for complex dishes
- Preparing game for complex dishes
- Cooking and finishing complex shellfish dishes .
- Cooking and finishing complex game dishes
- Preparing, cooking and finishing complex soups
- Preparing, cooking and finishing fresh pasta dishes
- Preparing, cooking and finishing complex bread and dough products
- Preparing, cooking and finishing complex cakes, sponges, biscuits and scones
- Preparing, cooking and finishing complex pastry products
You need to have successfully completed a level 2 qualification.
English and maths forms an important part of your future, ensuring you achieve the best success in your chosen career. But don't worry, if you haven't got the desired grades, we will still have a course available for you.
You will be assessed by assignments, observations of preparing, cooking and serving food, short tests and a pastry exam.
If you are a school leaver, aged 16-18, (under the age of 19 on or before 31st August 2016), you do not pay tuition fees or examination and registration fees and may be eligible for additional support depending on your financial situation.
Once you have completed this course, you'll have all of the necessary culinary skills and knowledge you'll need to succeed in the industry.
You could find yourself working anywhere in the world, under the best chefs, fulfilling all of your ambitions.
You could even become a head chef and run your own kitchen, devising dishes and managing your team.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact St Helens College directly.