Music Production Intermediate & Advanced at Dv8 Sussex
This is the ideal course for anybody wanting to build on their passion for music. Combining production and performance allows students to explore the essentials of recording, songwriting and performance, to develop their voice as an artist and plot a career path into the industry.
Our small cohorts create the perfect environment for collaboration on a variety of exciting industry- led projects throughout the course. Performers play gigs on a regular basis, developing their confidence and experience, whilst producers create a diverse portfolio of productions. Our expert tutors provide opportunities with studios, record companies, venues and professional musicians to help build the crucial industry knowledge and contacts to take your music to a new level.
WHAT WILL I DO?
- Learn to apply Logic Pro skills to sequencing, drum programming, sampling, audio recording and remixing in a studio environment
- Record and collaborate with established artists
- Develop your songwriting in a variety of styles and genres
- Explore different careers in the music industry
- Perform at venues across the South Coast
- Work on artist development and marketing
- Explore sounds design for video and games
- Work with Brighton record labels
- Build a professional portfolio of recordings
- Release your music
- Previous guests include DJ Skitz, MC Harry Shotta, Tru Thoughts and Rough Trade
AT LEVEL 2 I WILL:
• Achieve AIM Awards Level 2 Certificate in Live Events and Promotions
• Plan and deliver a variety of events working in a team
• Explore various roles in the events industry through networking and making contacts
• Progress to Level 3
AT LEVEL 3 I WILL:
• Achieve RSL L3 Subsidiary Diploma in Music Performance & Production (1st year)
• Achieve RSL L3 Extended Diploma in Music Performance & Production (2nd year)
• Create a portfolio of professional recordings
• Complete a Relevant work experience placement
• Perform at a variety of venues and events
• Progress to university level courses or seek a career in the music industry, including Engineering, Production, Performance and Management
• Relevant vocational experience and/or qualifications
• English or Maths at GCSE grade 3 or above
• 4 GCSEs A* - C or relevant Level 2 in Media and portfolio
• English and Maths at GCSE grade 4 or above
Ages : 16-18
Duration : 1 year, 3 days per week
Location : Brighton & Bexhill
Financial support is available for those eligible, please get in touch for more information.
Internal progression from Introduction to Intermediate.
Internal progression from Intermediate to Advanced.
An Advanced Level qualification will allow you to progress onto University.
Previous students have gone onto secure record deals and work within the music industry in a variety of roles.
Progress to employment in a variety of roles with the music and creative sector.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Dv8 Sussex directly.