Working in the IT Industry Level 1 at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai
Are you interested in studying a range of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) subjects?
Would you like the skills, knowledge and qualifications to improve your job prospects?
This course introduces you to a range of useful tools and systems, allowing you to develop your ICT skills. It will prepare you for employment or further education.
The programme will be delivered through a blend of the following:
- Practical sessions
- Group work
- Library resources
- Virtual learning environment (MOODLE)
- No formal qualifications are required
- You should have basic computing experience, and you may have completed the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Entry Level
- You should usually have sat your GCSEs
- You must be enthusiastic about ICT and willing to learn new skills.
All places are subject to satisfactory interview.
Seven of the eight units are internally assessed and are externally moderated by an external awarding body. The other unit is externally marked. All units are graded and an overall grade for the qualification is awarded.
You could proceed onto a number of programmes at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai, including:
- ICT and Software Development Level 2, available at Rhos-on-Sea
- New Media - Design and Development Level 2, available at Rhos-on-Sea
- IT Users Level 2, available at Rhyl.
- Computer Animator
- Computer Programmer
- Multimedia Producer
- Network Administrator
- Software Developer
- Systems Analyst
- Web Designer
Programme code: 0601A01B
Depending on the campus, students may be able to access elements of the programme in both English and Welsh through some programme learning materials being made available bilingually. Details will be provided to you at interview.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Grŵp Llandrillo Menai directly.