Bricklaying Diploma Level 1 CSKILLS at Hertford Regional College
The Construction Awards Alliance (Construction Skills and City & Guilds) Level 1 Diplomas are part of a group of qualifications offered by the Construction Industry. These Diplomas are designed to introduce you to a variety
of skills and knowledge needed to build on when following a career in the industry with a specific trade focus.
You will study both practically focused units which will be supported by knowledge and understanding tests. On completion of these Diplomas you will be able to go into the workplace, become an apprentice or progress to the next level of training.
- The Diplomas will provide candidates with the basic practical and knowledge skills in their chosen trade area
- Each of the Construction Diplomas consists of a number of units targeted at the work skills required for the relevant trade area.
- A profile of GCSEs at grade E-G or above
- Or successful completion of the Multi-Skills Construction course 6218
- Literacy and numeracy skills at an appropriate level
- Satisfactory interview with course tutor
- An appropriate character reference (for progressing students)
- Assessment will be carried out throughout the courses using assignments, end of unit tests, end of courses examination and practical tasks. You will also be required to build a portfolio of evidence
- Demonstration of good compliance to Health & Safety practices throughout the course
- In addition you will be required to study functional skills in communication and numeracy to support the main Diploma qualification
Free to those under 19 on 31st August 2016. If you are 19 or over on 31st August 2016, have been a permanent resident in the EU for the last three years, and are a fee paying new entrant you will pay £1500 tuition fee (this was the fee for 2015/16 and could be subject to change for 2016/17). However, fee paying students continuing on the same course for a second year will be charged £1500 tuition fee (this was the fee for 2015/16 and could be subject to change for 2016/17). You will be required to pay an administration fee, exam fees, kit fee, materials fee and an Awarding Body Registration fee if applicable. For these costs please contact our Information Centre.
When you have successfully completed this course, you will have gained a nationally recognised qualification that can lead to employment in the construction industry as an apprentice, or allow you to continue onto the next level of Diplomas as a full–time student.
As a full time student, you will have the chance to take part in additional activities, including sports, alongside your main programme. Depending on your prior achievement, you can resit GCSE English and/or Maths.
What will I need?
You will need to supply your own safety boots and stationery. Trips will be organised throughout the year and may incur a cost.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hertford Regional College directly.