Music A Level at Chilwell School
In this course you will develop your skills in performance, composing and listening. You will study music from a range of genres, including the western classical tradition, popular music and jazz. In order to be accepted onto this A level course you will need to have already demonstrated that you have the capacity to either play an instrument or have performed vocally . It is crucial that you already how some skills in both reading and writing music.
Additional entry requirements: Students will need a minimum Grade C GCSE Music. To be successful at this level, students must be confident performers and composers and have a background in reading music.
- Unit 1 – Influences on Music – Written Paper (30%)
- Unit 2 – Creating Musical Ideas (30%)
- Unit 3 – Interpreting Musical Ideas (40%)
- Unit 4 – Music in Context – Written Paper (20%)
- Unit 5 – Developing Musical Ideas (30%)
- Unit 6 – Performance (30%)
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Chilwell School directly.