Intermediate Apprenticeship in Beauty Therapy at White Rose (Sheffield School of Health and Beauty)
The intermediate level apprenticeship in Beauty Therapy will enable candidates to gain the necessary practical and theoretical skills in order to qualify as a beauty therapist. The apprenticeship is comprised of the ITEC NVQ level 2 diploma in Beauty Therapy and functional skills in English and Mathematics at level 1. Apprentices will need to be employed.
The course includes aspects of the following areas:
- Improve and maintain facial skin conditions
- Enhance the appearance of eyebrows and lashes
- Remove hair using waxing techniques
- Introduction to Health and Safety
- How to provide manicure treatments
- How to provide pedicure treatments
- How to positively promote products and services to new and existing clients
- Develop and maintain your effectiveness at work
- Health and safety in the salon
Additional specialist options to enrich your programme and meet the demands of industry are available. Examples of these include facial electricals and nail techonology.
Both functional skills involve an online test.
Our learners have access to our fully equipped and busy client salons.
Input from product companies like Dermalogica, St Tropez, and a range of employers will enhance your course throughout the year.
All learners should discuss their own circumstances with the College as entry is based on qualifications, skills and experience as well as a keen interest in a career in Beauty Therapy.
- Assessment is through portfolio building and continual assessmet of practicalskills, written work and assignments. You may have to take a key skills test if appropriate.
- Learner progress is monitored through regular tutorials and reviews.
- Support is provided by our expert team throughout the course
For more information, you can contact the Assistant Principal, Michelle Parkin, on 0114 2750201
On successful completion you can undertake further study on the NVQ Level 3 Beauty Therapy or another programme or work in the industry
Visit our website www.whiterosebeautycolleges.co.uk for a full list of the programmes we offer.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.