Mathematics AS/A Level at Boston High School
Mathematics at A level involves learning new skills in Pure Mathematics as well as Mechanics and Statistics. Problems will require students to develop and test models or hypotheses, which will build on the skills learned atGCSE. Students will be required to answer synoptic questions which link all areas of Mathematics rather than testing individual topics. Furthermore, there is now a greater emphasis upon the use of technology in Mathematics, particularly with a large data set. This course supports students aiming to study the pure or social sciences.
You need ...
- Grade 6‐9 at GCSE — if you do not feel this is achievable, you should consider Core Maths.
- To have a strong work ethic and good algebra skills are essential.
All content is assessed in Year 13 and will combine different areas of mathematics.
There are 3 examinations, each 2 hours in length.
- University of Sheffield ‐ Computer Science
- University of Leicester ‐ Medicine
- Imperial College London ‐ Biochemistry
- University of Warwick ‐ Chemistry
- University of York ‐ Physics
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Boston High School directly.