Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Engineering Tool Making (Direct) at City Training Services
This Apprenticeship is aimed at individuals who wish to develop a career in Engineering Toolmaking.
The apprenticeship provides a high standard of competence and knowledge which is geared to industry with a choice of units tailored to employers’ requirements;
- One day per week college attendance for 2 Years to receive the necessary underpinning technical knowledge combined with the workplace training to gain competency and practical skills on the employers’ own industry specific tasks.
- Level 3 NVQ Extended Diploma in Engineering Tool Making ( QCF )
- 3 Optional Units from Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Performing Engineering Operations (QCF)
- Level 3 Diploma in Manufacturing Engineering ( QCF )
- Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths, English & ICT( AON, COMMS & ICT )
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills ( PLTS )
- Employment Rights & Responsibilities ( ERR )
The NVQ is delivered through practical and written competency / knowledge assessments which are carried out in the workplace on specific units chosen by the employer.
The apprentices are required to complete work related tasks and build an E – Portfolio of competence evidence.
The Technical Certificate ( VRG ) and Functional Skills are classroom based and delivered in college. Although, if achieved within last 5 years, GCSE Grades A – C will exempt Functional Skills in the relevant areas.
GCSE Grades A – C in Maths, English & Ideally, Science
Applicants will be invited to attend City Training Services to complete a formal interview prior to employment.
Continual assessment will occur throughout the duration of the apprenticeship.
On completion of the Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship individuals can progress to a Higher National Certificate (HNC) and potentially a Foundation Degree in Engineering but these options are not offered by City Training Services - successful Advanced Apprentices should refer to Bradford College.
For further information or to apply online please visit:
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact City Training Services directly.