Beauty Therapy Apprenticeship at Uxbridge College
This apprenticeship is about improving people’s wellbeing by making them look and feel better. Beauty Therapy covers a range of treatments, from simple facials and make-up jobs to waxing.
As a Beauty Therapy Apprentice, you’ll assist senior therapists and learn a range of skills and techniques, such as how to improve facial skin conditions, wax body hair, shape and colour brows, perform hand and foot treatments, and apply make-up.
On the Advanced Apprenticeship, you’ll work as a beauty therapist, learning techniques like spray tan, body massage as well as more complicated electronic treatments to remove unwanted hair or improve skin condition.
- Providing facial skincare treatments
- Carrying out waxing services
- Fulfil salon reception duties, promote additional products or services to clients
- Enhance the appearance of eyebrows and lashes
- Providing manicure, pedicure and make-up services.
Level 3 – General Route:
- Providing eyelash extension treatments / electrical epilation treatments
- Providing body massage treatments, body electrical treatments, facial electrical treatments and self tanning treatments.
Level 3 – Massage Route:
- Monitor procedures to safely control work operations
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of promotional activities and stone therapy treatments
- Provide body massage treatments, Indian Head Massage, self tanning services and
- Carryout massage using pre-blended aromatherapy oils.
- Aged 16+
- Working in or interested in Beauty Therapy
- Be generally in good health as beauty therapy involves being on your feet most of the time.
- Need to complete a basic skills assessment in literacy and numeracy.
Assessments are carried out in your workplace. Our assessor will come and visit you at work every 6-8 weeks
There is no cost for you to do an apprenticeship if you are 16-23 years old and you will be paid a wage.
NUS Apprentice extra Card
Apprentices can get discounts at over 120 high street and online retailers, please visit www.apprenticeextra.co.uk for more information.
Apprentice Oyster photocard
Apprentices can get up to 30% discounts on travel within London Borough. For more information, please visit https://tfl.gov.uk/fares-and-payments/adultdiscounts-and-concessions/apprentice-oysterphotocard
Further study: If you complete a Level 2 Apprenticeship, you may be able to progress onto Level 3. Apprentices that complete Level 3 may be able to go onto a Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship.
- Level 2: Junior beauty therapist , junior make-up artist and beauty consultant
- Level 3: Beauty therapist , make-up artist and beauty massage therapist
Contact our apprenticeships department on
- 01895 853622 / 01895 853333
Please see the frequently asked questions section on the next page for more information!
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Uxbridge College directly.