Photography A Level at Hendon School
Photography at HendonSchool is an exciting subject that allows students to investigate a range of photographic genres based on their own aesthetic and interests. Students are encouraged to seek an expressive and artistic response to the visual world that surrounds them while exploring their cultural and personal identities.
AS and A Level Photography will teach you:
- the ability to explore formal elements of visual language; line, form, colour, tone, pattern, texture
- responding to an issue, theme, concept or idea
- showing in your work the use of viewpoint, composition, focus control, depth of field, movement and narrative
- how ideas, feelings and meanings are conveyed and interpreted in images
- historical and contemporary developments and different styles and genres in relation to Photography
- how images relate to social, historical, vocational and cultural contexts
Students must have an existing passion for photography and art and they need to purchase their own digital SLR/compact camera. (Please ask Ms Schmid or Mr Keller for advice on which model to buy.) A Level Photography will complement subjects that require analytical enquiry and creative synthesis such as: art, film studies, theatre studies, Philosophy & Ethics, English literature and Media studies.
A Level Photography provides students with following career opportunities and academic pathways:
- Art & Design subjects Foundation Studies in Art & Design, BA Honours and MA degrees
- photojournalist, fashion photographer, fine art photographer, commercial photographer (e.g. food and clothing), advertising art director, film director, cinematographer, film editor, film production, TV production, script writer, animation designer, computer games designer, art critic, magazine and newspaper editor
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hendon School directly.