Football Academy Level 2 at Liskeard School and Community College
The aim of our academy is to attract and develop high quality football players that have the ability to be recognised at professional and semi- professional levels. We will provide the best opportunities for students, both boys and girls, who wish to develop their football skills whilst enhancing their academic excellence and self-discipline. Our level 3 Coach will be actively involved in promoting and encouraging students who show an interest in the academy and will be developing our links within the community.
The course is mainly practical in nature and is structured similarly to an A Level with over 4 hours each week being dedicated to:
- Coaching sessions with our Level 3 UERFA B Coach who works with the Plymouth Argyle Centre of Excellence
- Fitness training at our new Fitness Suite and Dietary and nutritional advice.
- Analysis of training and matches using video recordings.
- Weekly competitive fixtures.
- Leadership/officiating and coaching qualifications as a part of the academy.
- Partnerships with local professional and semi-professional football clubs.
The programme will include
- Coaching sessions
- Fitness programmes at our new fitness suite
- Dietary information
- Analysing and discussing matches from videoed footage
- Weekly competitive fixtures
- Partnerships with local semi-professional and professional teams.
- Leadership, coaching and refereeing qualification opportunities
We are building upon our successes so far with our boys’ and girls’ football teams.
You need to have a genuine interest in football and a good level of practical ability as well as a determined attitude and the desire to improve. It is preferable that you play football on a regular basis outside of school.
As well as having the chance to play regular Academy football in the South East Colleges League, there will also be matches against other South West Academy sides, and the opportunity to travel to Sweden and represent the school at the Gothia Youth World Cup in July each year.
We aim to attract and develop high quality footballers that have the ability to be recognised at professional and semi-professional levels. We will provide the best opportunities for students; both boys and girls to develop their footballing skills and tactical knowledge alongside enhancing their academic excellence.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Liskeard School and Community College directly.