Computing OCR at Penistone Grammar Advanced Learning Centre
Choosing the Computing A level will provide students with a stimulating and motivating study of computer science fit for the 21st century. The course:
· Focuses on programming, building on programming techniques studied in GCSE Computing
· Emphasises the importance of computational thinking as a discipline
· Puts computational thinking at its core, helping students to develop the skills to solve problems, design systems and understand human and machine intelligence
· Allows students to apply the academic principles learned in the classroom to real world systems in an exciting and engaging manner
· Gives students a clear progression into higher education
At AS level students will study:
· Computer Fundamentals
· Programming Techniques and Logical Methods
At A2 level students will study:
· Advanced Computing Theory
· Developing a Computing Project
The course should appeal to students curious as to how the incredible technology used by them on a daily basis works.
The syllabus followed is the new OCR Computing GCE.
To secure a place at our Post 16 Centre five passes or more GCSE passes at grade C or above and a minimum of a C grade in both English Language and Mathematics. All students will also need a B Grade GCSE in any subject they are wanting to study at A Level. If it is a new subject for example Sociology or Psychology students must have achieved a grade B in both Mathematics and English Language.
Please contact Mr N Blackburn
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Penistone Grammar Advanced Learning Centre directly.