BTEC Health & Social Care Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma at Hope Academy
- The one year programme will cover units 1-5, 7 and 8 and is the equivalent of an A level.
- The two year programme will cover units 20, 21, 34, 6 and 23, and is the equivalent of two A levels.
- Evidence is presented through portfolio work in a variety of stimulating ways such as presentations, role plays and promotional material.
- Some students may wish to take the subsidiary diploma only which is equivalent to one A level.
- Units may be subject to change.
In the first year the following units will be covered: Unit
Developing effective Communication in Health and Social Care
Equality, Diversity and Rights in Health and Social Care
Health, Safety and Security in Health and Social Care
Development through the Life Stages
Anatomy and Physiology for Health and Social Care
Sociological Perspectives for Health and Social Care
Psychological Perspectives for Health and Social Care
In the second year the following units will be covered: Unit
Promoting Health Education
Nutrition for Health and Social Care
Human Inheritance for Health and Social Care
Personal and Professional development in Health and Social Care
5 A*- C grades in GCSE’s or equivalent.
All coursework based.
Provides the opportunity for learners to develop a range of skills and techniques, personal skills and attributes essential for successful performance in working life.
Prepares learners for employment in the health and Social Care sectors or for higher education
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hope Academy directly.