Manufacturing Engineering Extended Diploma Level 3 at Bradford College
This is a nationally-approved programme equivalent to three A levels. If you would like a career in any area of design and manufacturing from Automobile to Aeronautical Engineering, this is the perfect course for you.
After completing the course you could seek employment in areas such as:
Automotion and Robotics, Design of Products and Systems, Supervision or Management of Manufacturing Processes, Manufacturing Systems and Technology, Engineering Materials or Computer Aided Design and Manufacture.
We encourage career planning and team building by off-site visits and activities and visiting expert speakers.
The course is made up of nine Units per year.
Subjects studied include:
Computer Aided Drafting, Computer Aided Manufacturing, Fabrication and Welding, Primary Processes, Mathematics, Mechanical Principles, Electronics and Manufacturing Processes.
Five GCSEs at Grade A-C, including Mathematics, English and Science, or a suitable BTEC First Diploma.
You will be invited for an interview and you will be expected to complete a diagnostic assessment.
Credit may be given for substantial relevant experience.
You will be invited for an interview (irrespective of your qualifications and experience) and you will be expected to complete a diagnostic assessment. Acceptance on the course is then subject to the approval of the Course Team.
- Internally-set continuous assessment
- Several assignments per Unit
- Completion of a major project
- Presentations to your group
- Tests (very occasionally).
- Use of technical equipment, eg materials test instruments (such as tensile tester), metrology instruments, electrical instruments (such as digital multi-meter)
- Use of computers and specialist CAD and CAM software
- An understanding of technology and how to solve technical problems
- How to work safely and be aware of Health and Safety issues
- The ability to work as part of a team.
For further information please visit our website or contact our admissions department on 01274 433333.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bradford College directly.