Brickwork Level 2 Diploma at Warwickshire College Group
You will cover a mixture of practical and theory work progressing from the skills developed at Level 1.
- Principles of building construction, information and communication
- Producing thin joint masonry and masonry cladding
- Building solid walling, isolated and attached piers
- Interpreting working drawings to set out masonry instruction
- Construct cavity walling forming masonry structures
Level 1 Diploma in Bricklaying.
GCSEs at grade D or above in Maths and English or achievement of target Functional Skills studied at Level 1.
Methods of Assessment will include:
- Completion of practical training projects and assessments
- Written knowledge evidence tests
- Oral questioning
WHAT CAREERS CAN I GO ON TO?
You could start work for a building contractor as a trainee bricklayer. Other job opportunities exist in fields such as general maintenance and repair work.WHAT FURTHER STUDY OPPORTUNITIES ARE THERE?
You can progress onto the Level 3 Diploma in Brickwork
If you have are working in the industry and are able to produce relevant work based evidence for assessment on site you may be able to apply for an Apprenticeship or an NVQ qualification. This is subject to meeting the scheme requirements.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Warwickshire College Group directly.