Multi-trade Construction - Level 2 at South Devon College
An apprenticeship in the construction Industry is a perfect starting point for a very rewarding career. If you are interested in working as a multi-skilled operative covering a range of construction-related trades (such as carpentry, brickwork, painting and decorating, plastering or plumbing) and prefer a practical approach to your studies, then this course is for you. In addition to this, you will be earning money whilst you achieve your professional qualifications. During this programme you could work for a variety of employers on a range of projects, including general building and maintenance firms, local schools, hotels and leisure resorts.
What will I learn?
- Safety in the workplace
- Working practices
- Moving and handling resources
- Manufacturing gates, posts, fences, windows and doors
- Painting and decorating internal and external walls
- Plastering internal and external walls
- Trowel operations
- Tiling bathrooms and kitchens
- Constructing internal and external structures
- You will be required to be working towards achieving Maths at Level 1
- You will be required to be working towards achieving English at Level 1
- You will need to have achieved a minimum of 2 GCSEs at grade D or above
- You will be required to carry out an aptitude test
- You should have a genuine interest in this subject
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact South Devon College directly.