BTEC Level 3 Applied General Qualification in Health and Social Care at Claremont High School Academy
This course prepares students to enter a variety of courses in Health and Social Care and related subjects. Pupils will cover a range of Health and Social Care issues and apply these to the care sector whose contexts include: health, early-years care and education, social care and are to take account of the integration of services.
The aims of the course are designed to allow pupils to:
- Develop and sustain an interest in health, early-years care and education, social care and issues affecting the care sector
- Acquire knowledge and understanding of health, early-years care and education and issues affecting the health and social care sector
- Develop skills that will enable them to make an effective contribution to the care sector including skills of research, evaluation and problem-solving in a work related context
- Apply knowledge, understanding and skills
- Prepare for further study and training
Coursework 1: Communication in care settings - identifies how communication is used in care settings and the impact of effective communication on service users.
Coursework 2: Promoting good health - develops pupils understanding of good health and how it is promoted through health care professionals and reasons why it is so important.
Exam: Promoting quality of care. How individuals are protected by law and how the values of care are used to ensure good quality care.
Coursework 1: Care practice and provision - Identifies demographics and how these influence the planning and delivery of health services.
Coursework 2: Mental health - Develops an understanding of the Mental Health Act and how mental health is represented in society.
Exam: Understanding Human behaviour - How human behaviour is influenced by environmental, genetic and social and Psychological factors.
5 GCSEs A*-C including English, Maths and a Humanities subject.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Claremont High School Academy directly.