Health and Social Care GCSE at Stocksbridge High
Level2 Award is equivalent toworking at the level of2GCSE'sA*-C
Who is this course for?
This course is for students who want to get into careers such as nursing, care and social work and residential care management. This course is a vocational introduction into the health & social sector.
During this course you will...
- Develop skills to participate in real situations
- Develop personal skills such as team work, career planning, communication and problem solving
- Develop knowledge and understanding of the health & social care sector
- Preparing to give quality care
- Communicating with service users in care settings
- Introducing practical caring
- Hygiene and safety in care settings
There will be no exams. You will build up a portfolio of work which will be assessed by your teacher and verified by an additional marker. To achieve the Award qualification, you must achieve a total of 3 units. Two of these are set and there is one other optional unit.
Post-16 options include
starting work as a trainee care assistant
Enter employment and undertake a related qualification
Take other Level 2 or Level 3 qualifications, such as the OCR Level 3 Nationals in Health, Social Care and Early Years.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.