Countryside Management Advanced Certificate Level 3 at Capel Manor College
This course will give you the foundation knowledge and skills required for a career in countryside and estate management. You will choose three of the topics described in the countryside management course topic list. This part-time course is right for you if you are restricted by time and/or other commitments.
management course topics
The course topics are wide-ranging, they include: earth sciences such as ecology and plant science, research and survey skills, practical estate management, and an understanding of the management of a wide range of habitats found across the United Kingdom, interpretation and environmental education and environmental policies.
You will need at least one of the following:
- at least 4 GCSEs at grades A* to C including a science related subject
- an overall Distinction in a Countryside Management Diploma (Level 2) or equivalent
- relevant prior learning or experience gained in an appropriate professional environment will be considered
- previous experience of conservation work is an advantage
- independent study skills are needed to be successful at this level
- you will be encouraged to attend our Summer School.
You will be asked to attend an interview to explore your interests, experience and ambitions and complete an initial assessment so that we can help you study. References are also considered.
We want all of our students to maximise their personal development and prospects for employment or further study. While on your course you will continue to build skills relevant to work and study on our Skills Development programmes, which may include English, maths or computer skills.
Successful completion of this course will enable you to top-up units to a full Countryside Management Advanced Diploma (Level 3), one of our professional training courses or employment in the industry in a broad range of jobs, including: ranger, community liaison, junior ecologist, reserve manager, environmental advisor, estate manager or environmental politics.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Capel Manor College directly.