Beauty Therapy Level 2 Diploma at Havering College of Further and Higher Education
The course will provide you with the opportunity to gain experience and obtain a vocationally related qualification (VRQ) at Level 2 in Beauty Therapy. This will also stand you in good stead to progress on to a VRQ Level 3 qualification.
You will be required to study:
- Unit 201: Working in a beauty-related industry
- Unit 202: Health & Safety
- Unit 203: Client care in a beauty-related industry
- Unit 205: Promote products and services to clients in a salon
- Unit 216: Reception duties
- Unit 204: Provide facial skincare
- Unit 206: Remove hair using waxing techniques
- Unit 207: Provide manicure treatments
- Unit 208: Provide pedicure treatments
- Unit 210: Provide eyelash and brow treatments
- Unit 209: Apply make-up
- Unit 212: Create an image based on a theme within the hair and beauty sector
- Dermatitis Awareness
- Functional Skills English
- Functional Skills Maths
Also associated anatomy and physiology.
You will need:
- good school references,
- an interview and skills test results prior to enrolment,
- 4 GCSEs at grade D or above to include: Maths, English, Science plus one other in any subject area.
This qualification also requires you to put together a portfolio of evidence to show the work you have covered during your time here. You will be assessed practically in the salons and will accumulate evidence in the form of consultation sheets which will be logged into your portfolio. You will also have to complete online exams for each unit. These are multiple choice style questions completed on a computer in your lessons. They are ongoing assessments and will run throughout the year. You will have the opportunity to resit these exams if you are not successful the first time. Your tutors will be your assessors, but all classes and porfolios are internally and externally verified by experts.
You may wish to continue your studies by applying for Level 3 Beauty. Spa or media make-up would again enhance your skills and make you even more employable.
If you work hard and achieve this qualification to a high standard, you will be employable in a basic salon. Future jobs may include working in salons, hotels or cosmetic counters. You may even buy or set up your own business.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Havering College of Further and Higher Education directly.