Painting and Decorating Diploma Level 1 at City College Plymouth
If you are interested in painting and decorating but are not yet employed then this could be the study programme for you. You will learn all aspects of safety (because you will often be working at height), how to deal with hazardous wastes, the value of surface preparation, and which tools and techniques are most appropriate.
The main subjects covered are:
- storing materials and equipment
- preparing the work area for operations
- preparing surfaces for decorating
- applying paint materials by brush and roller
- applying wallpaper.
Your individualised study programme will be made up of the following four areas:
- the qualification you are studying
- English and maths
- work experience
- other activities to develop your personal skills e.g. preparing you for employment, training or higher/further education.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
You will be assessed by practical projects, knowledge assignments and questions. The combination of assessment methods will depend on units of study. There is an external end test on completion of all units.
On successful completion you may progress to:
- a level 2 course in painting and decorating at the College
- an Apprenticeship in the sector.
You could also enter into employment in the industry as a basic labourer to start gaining site experience.
- See more at: http://www.cityplym.ac.uk/courses/painting-and-decorating#sthash.uOhVIAZU.dpuf
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact City College Plymouth directly.